Wednesday, November 7, 2012

PBA Players Make a Slam Dunk for Health with Mondo Juice

I am a big fan of Mondo Juice! Please read my write up on the 10 reasons why you should try (and love!) these healthy smoothies, too! :) 

Press Release:

In the fast-paced, no-holds-barred world of professional basketball, staying in top form is essential. Taking healthy living to heart, top cagers Danny Ildefonso, Robert Reyes and Alex Cabagnot of the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) score high on fitness and well-being with the help of all-natural beverages from Mondo Juice. With specially-chosen fruits, vegetables and fresh ingredients that go into every smoothie, Mondo Juice gives them their all-star dose of healthy fruit drinks to fuel their hard court performance.


One of the most recognized names in the PBA, Danny Ildefonso, popularly known as “The Demolition Man”, currently plays for Petron Blaze Boosters with Reyes. The 6’6” Power Forward has also played for the Philippines in different international basketball competitions. For the two-time PBA Most Valuable Player, Mondo Juice’s healthy selection of smoothies and sandwiches is the way to go. He enjoys it best with his family. “I really love their smoothies and Chicken Caesar sandwiches. My family and I go there whenever we can, and it’s great to have such food options that don’t contain so much fat. As an athlete I have to keep watch of what I eat, and I am positive this will help me perform even better in my career,” he says.

PBA Cager Robert Reyes
Robert Reyes, also playing as a power forward for the Boosters, is a self-confessed Mondo Juice aficionado. Reyes is a fan of Mondo Juice’s fresh-pressed juices, which give him that much-sought taste of real fruit without additives. His preference for non-sweetened drinks keeps him coming back for more. “Personally I don’t prefer drinks with added sugarI try not to eat too many processed foods so going to Mondo Juice is like treating myself to a delicious meal without the guilt. It doesn’t compromise my normal routine as a sportsman,” he says. Reyes also recounts how he discovered the juice joint. “I was in Megamall when a friend suggested that I try Mondo Juice. The first one I tried a few years ago was ‘Berry Blitz’, and I totally loved it. I just can’t get over the taste of real blueberries,” he says.

PBA's Crunch Time (Alex) Cabagnot
Alex Cabagnot, famous for the moniker “Crunch Time Cabagnot,” recalls how he got into the Mondo Juice craze. “I was walking around Robinson’s Galleria that time when I came across Mondo Juice. I tried out their delicious pastrami sandwich and was a fan ever since,” he says. As a long-time player for the Boosters like Ildefonso, Cabagnot recognizes the benefits of fresh fruit juices in the diet of highly-active individuals.

Mondo Juice's Beef Pastrami
“Without proper diet, the full advantages one can get from working out can never materialize. That’s why I do both, work out and eat healthy, so I can play longer,” he adds. The all-natural goodness of 100% real fruit and the freshest ingredients that make up the best sandwiches and desserts come in one store that serves them all. With outlets in SM Megamall and Robinson’s Galleria in Ortigas and another to come out in Legaspi Village, Makati, Mondo Juice serves the healthiest options not just for star athletes but everyone who wants to keep fit and fab.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails