Sunday, December 4, 2016

Patrick Formanes Launches "Saw Her Standing There" Book in Manila

Hey, bookworms! Here's a new book with a curious title and interesting synopsis! Patrick was recently in Manila to promote it ...

Press Release:

Patrick Formanes, a first-generation Filipino-American, was born and raised in New York City to immigrant parents and has one brother.

He attended New York University and majored in Journalism. He proceeded to work in the field of publishing for over 14 years before writing and completing his first novel, Saw Her Standing There.

The author currently lives in NYC, dividing his time unevenly. If depicted on a pie chart (one will not be provided here), the largest chunk (99.8%) would show the amount of time he spends with his family. Other multi-colored slivers (the remaining 0.2%) would consist of: rooting for the New York Mets, improving his guitar playing, pestering his brother about stickball, and playing tennis.

He married his high school sweetheart and they have two daughters.

Here's the Synopsis of his novel:

In New York City there were these people, Ryan and Lane. They met in high school, fell in love, and later married. Yes, to each other.

From here, it would easier to ask, “Did they turn into wizards? Witches? Vampires? Zombies? Or, are they monsters of unknown origins, their only aim to annihilate their neighboring monsters by gnashing them into delicious morsels with their ridiculously sharp incisors, leaving the planet to stew in the juices and horrific odors of rotten animal flesh, splintered bones, and exposed innards, then kill each other because: (1) they get hungry again and (2) they don’t like vegetables?”

No. None of that stuff will be found in this novel.

Through these pages, you will learn about Ryan and Lane, who are regular humans devoid of super powers, as well as their fellow Filipino-American friends, and how they maneuver through personal challenges while attending their Queens high school. Follow them as they play sports, kiss (some attempt more than that), use the foulest language, excel academically (at least most of them), fight, go to parties, eat food, take public transportation, and, most importantly, learn about each other.

Initially published, December 2014. Revised, July 2016 292 pages

Young Adult/New Adult

Age: 15+ (High school and above)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails