Friday, August 3, 2012

How Nickelodeon Captured The Hearts Of A Generation


My kids grew up watching Nick shows and I still tune in every now and then because my special child still likes watching them :) 

Press Release:

For viewers who grew up watching Nickelodeon in the 90s, the popular kid-centered entertainment channel still evokes memories of fun learning and unique adventures. A channel that represented an entire generation, Nickelodeon has truly won the hearts of many Filipino viewers who have come to love its shows that stood the test of time.


Charm, who is now a married woman, talks about how Nickelodeon shaped her childhood, introducing her to a whole new world of interests. “Figure It Out made me want to create a unique talent for myself to impress everyone; Clarissa Explains It All started my love for colorful dressing in the 90’s, and The Amanda Show inspired me to take up performance arts classes,” she reveals. She also shares how Nickelodeon was a part of her growing up. “I will always have a soft spot for Hey Arnold! because I relate it with the time I met my first ever crush,” she admitted. “I could identify a lot with Helga, in that I was secretly obsessed with the guy I liked but pretended not to care about.”


Twenty-two year-old fresh grad Dani says she feels like she will never outgrow the channel. “Nickelodeon has been with me each stage of my life. I can’t really picture myself parting with it,” she says. Recounting the days when she would watch Blue’s Clues every day, she explains how the show helped her develop creativity. “Even as an only child, I was never bored at home because I had my wild imagination to entertain me, especially after seeing the way Blue’s Clues brought inanimate objects to life.” Dani cites The Wild Thornberrys and SpongeBob SquarePants as her favorite animated shows, and Drake and Josh as her favorite sitcom. “I even watch reruns sometimes and find that the jokes never get old,” she shares.


For young dad Vic, he now turns to Nickelodeon for more bonding moments with his son. “Having grown up with Nickelodeon occupying most of my TV time and now watching it with my 4 year-old son is like a full-circle experience,” he says. “Back in the day, my brothers and I would argue on whose turn it was to play the family computer or the Game Boy but we all agreed when it came down to television -- Nick was our go-to channel.”

Vic says that he loved the channel so much he became a fan of almost every program. “I enjoyed Nickelodeon’s brand of wholesome, quirky fun so I watched everything, from Kenan & Kel, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Catdog, KaBlam!, to All That…you name it,” he admits.


While growing up is something that must be done, Nickelodeon’s programming for all ages continues to evoke nostalgia in the young at heart. It’s the current shows like iCarly, Big Time Rush, Victorious, and House of Anubis that are touching the lives of today’s kids.  While fan favorites such as SpongeBob SquarePants, Dora The Explorer, The Fairly OddParents, and Avatar: The Legend of Aang, are sure to provide countless hours of enjoyment to Nicksters for years to come.

Like Charm, Dani and Vic, watching Nickelodeon made a big impact on them growing up and from time to time revisit the good ol’ days by tuning into the channel.  They encourage kids and their families to make it part of their lives too and discover new shows of exciting entertainment every time they tune in to Nickelodeon.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails